We are a group of organizations and community members in Addison County, Vermont who care passionately about the well-being of our youth and want them to have every possible chance to be successful.
- VT Department For Children And Familiesabannister2018-10-30T09:32:18-04:00
- Counseling Services of Addison Countyabannister2018-10-30T09:26:28-04:00
- Addison County Parent Child Centerabannister2018-10-30T09:39:41-04:00
- Vermont Department of Healthabannister2018-10-30T15:34:59-04:00
- Building Bright Futuresabannister2018-10-30T09:38:55-04:00
OUR MISSION AND VALUES
We believe thriving communities and healthy families grow resilient kids.
To be strong, children need unconditional love, absolute security, and a deep connection with at least one adult.
Nothing we say is as important as what children see us doing on a daily basis.
Sometimes the best thing we can do to help children learn is to get out of their way.
Children live up or down to adults’ expectations of them.
Listening to children attentively is more important that any words we can say.
Children can only take positive steps whey have the confidence to do so. They gain that confidence when they have solid reason to believe that they are competent.
If children are to develop the strength to overcome challenges, they need to know that they can control what happens to them.
Children with a wide range of positive coping strategies will be prepared to overcome stressors and will be far less likely to try many of the risk behaviors that we fear.